1. Goods and Services Tax (GST) Day was observed on 01st July.
2. The Maharashtra government announced a new scheme called ‘Kanya Van Samruddhi Yojana’, wherein farmers families where girl children are born will be given saplings for plantation.
3. The ninth and final meeting of Eminent Persons Group (EPG) on Nepal-India Relations concluded in Kathmandu, Nepal.
4. Nigeria has replaced India as the country with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty, according to a study published by the US-based think tank, Brookings.
5. Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has topped the list of “smart cities” in the Middle East and Africa.
6. Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, J.P Nadda handed over the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan ‘I Pledge for 9 Achievers Award’ for a reduction in maternal mortality rate recently in Delhi to Meghalaya among other states.
7. Janardan Singh Gehlot was elected the president of the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) for the next four years.
8. Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced that the first ‘Khadi Mall’ of the country will be opened in Ranchi.
9. The government has set up a 13-member committee to upgrade the norms for computation of economic data at states and districts level in the backdrop of plans to revise the base year for National Accounts or GDP calculation. The committee will be headed by Ravindra H Dholakia
10. Nissan Motor signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Government of Kerala to establish a new global center for its digital operations in India.
11. The Odisha government signed a MoU with the Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) for enhancing early warning system for effective management of all kinds of disaster in the state, including flood, drought, heat wave, lightning, and road accidents.
12. The Bhitarkanika national park (Odisha) has become the largest habitat of the endangered estuarine crocodiles in the country.
13. The leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador was elected president of Mexico.
14. Haryana will host 33rd World Union of Wholesale Markets (WUWM) Conference in Gurugram from October 10-13 this year.
15. Sathyasri Sharmila from Tamil Nadu became India’s first transgender lawyer in the country.
16. Alka Tiwari has been appointed as the Secretary of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
17. Irrfan Khan was announced as the winner of a special Icon Award at the closing ceremony of the London Indian Film Festival.
18. India has moved up to 73rd place in terms of money parked by its citizens and companies with Swiss banks, while the UK remains on the top.
19. Former Indian captain Rahul Dravid and Australian legend Ricky Ponting have been inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame for their stupendous achievements in international cricket.
20. City-based United India Insurance Company announced the appointment of K B Vijay Srinivas as its Director and General Manager.
21. Malaysian shuttler Lee Chong Wei defeated Japan’s Kento Momota to secure a historic 12th Malaysia Open title.
22. Australia has won the Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy 2018. (Runner: India)
23. The Income Tax Department has launched an ‘instant’ Aadhaar-based PAN allotment service for individuals seeking the unique identifier for the first time.
24. The CBDT extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to March 31 next year.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|Naval Dockyard Recruitment||Apply for 933 Vacancies|
|Kanchipuram Central Cooperative Bank Recruitment||Apply for 238 Vacancies|
|Cotton Corporation of India Limited Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|HP Revenue Department Recruitment||Apply for 1195 Vacancies|
|BITS Pilani Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|AIATSL Recruitment||Apply for 214 Vacancies|