01st June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. World Milk Day was observed on 01st June. This Year theme is ‘Drink Move Be Strong’.
2. Union home minister Rajnath Singh launched an ‘Online Analytical Tool’ to facilitate closer monitoring of the flow and utilization of foreign contributions received by non-governmental organizations registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010, also known as FCRA.
3. The Tata Motors and Maharashtra Government have signed a MoU to deploy 1000 Electric Vehicles across its range of passenger and commercial vehicles in the state.
4.tatistics and Programme Implementation Minister Vijay Goel conferred FICCI Smart Policing Awards 2018 to police officials of the central armed police force and states police in New Delhi.
5. According to the Central Statistics Office (CSO), India’s GDP grew 7.7% in the fourth-quarter of 2017-18.
6. India has improved its ranking in the world childhood index but stays at a poor 113th position, up from 116 in 2017, in the list of 175 countries indexed by global child rights group, Save the Children.
7. The Centre has approved construction of 1.5 lakh houses for urban poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban), taking to 47.52 lakh the tally of houses under the programme so far.
8. The two-day Thematic Seminar on ‘Water and Sanitation’ was held in Pune, Maharashtra.
9. Amit Khare assumed charge as Secretary in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) on superannuation of N K Sinha.
10. Denmark has become the latest European country to ban the Islamic full-face veil (Burqa) in public spaces.
11. Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi laid the foundation stone of India’s first Advanced DNA Forensic Lab in Chandigarh.
12. Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu took over as Vice Chief of Army Staff and Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh took over as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief Northern Command.