Thaawarchand Gehlot started the 2nd edition of Indian Sign Language Dictionary
- In New Delhi 2nd Edition of ISL Dictionary was started by Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The Dictionary was developed by ISLRTC.
- It consists of 1000 words under different categories such as academic, legal, medical, technical, and everyday terms.
- In March 2018 the first edition of the dictionary was started.
In the field of Agriculture and Food MoU signed by ICAR and CSIR to collaborate
- MoU was signed between the ICAR and CSIR in New Delhi.
- In order to collaborate in the area of food and agriculture.
- The huge network of KVKs available with ICAR.
- It will be constituted to deliberate and formulate.
- The collaborative programmes and will meet 4 times a year.
- Steering Committee was agreed on both sides.
- They meet twice a year to monitor the progress.
India and Sweden intend to increase cooperation on AMR
- From 22nd Feb to 25th Feb Swedish Minister visit to India.
- He met J P Nadda and discussed AMR.
- It is a dangerous challenge globally.
- When overused, Anti-microbial drugs, AMR develops as microorganisms such as virus, bacteria, and fungi.
- It becomes resistant to drugs.
- To cooperate in the field of various issues India and Sweden.
MHRD launched STARS scheme on 28th February
- Prakash Javadekar launched the STARS scheme.
- On 28th February 2019 that is National Science Day, the scheme is started.
- The Ministry has allocated Rs.250 crores.
- Under the scheme 500 science projects will be funded.
- IISC will be the coordinator of the scheme.
- Every year the National Science Day is celebrated on 28th February.
Bancassurance Agreement signed by IDBI Bank and LIC
- IDBI Bank and LIC signed a bancassurance agreement.
- IDBI Bank will become the preferred bank for LIC.
- LIC acquired a majority stake in IDBI Bank.
- Hemant Bhargava is the LIC Chairman.
01st March 2019 Current Affairs in Quiz: Click Here