1. Malayalam film Olu will be the opening film at the 49th International Film Festival of India.
2. The Cabinet has approved renaming Jharsuguda aerodrome in Odisha as ‘Veer Surendra Sai Airport’.
3. India has signed a $950 million contract with Russia for two upgraded Krivak III-class stealth frigates.
4. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘Soura Jalanidhi’ scheme that aims to increase use of solar energy for helping farmers in irrigating their land.
5. Steel manufacturing giant Tata Steel was announced as an official partner of the men’s hockey World Cup, to be staged at the Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar from November 28 to December 16.
6. Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer SS Deswal has been appointed as Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
7. The Punjab Police bagged the Union Home Ministry’s Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) award for the development of the Digital Criminal Intelligence Gazette and the generation of the State Crime Record Bureau (SCRB) reports.
8. India has jumped 23 places to the 77th position in the World Bank’s ‘ease of doing business’ ranking.
9. United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has appointed veteran Norwegian diplomat Geir O. Pedersen as his next Special Envoy for Syria.
10. An Indian-American couple Marie and Vijay Goradia received the Roy M Huffington Award in US.
11. Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik flagged off ‘Saubhagya Raths’ for 20 districts here to identify households without electricity.
12. Haryana Government has launched Family Planning Logistics Management Information System (FP-LMIS).
13. The Cabinet has approved the signing of an MoU between India and South Korea. The main objective of the MoU is to expand bilateral cooperation in tourism and to increase the exchange of information and data related to the sector.
14. Nineteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani has won the second leg of the Asian Snooker Tour in Jinan, China.