1. India and Nepal have signed a MoU on Preliminary Engineering-cum-Traffic Survey on Broad Gauge Rail Line between Raxaul and Kathmandu.
2. India and Cyprus have signed two MoUs in the field of sharing of financial intelligence and environment. The MoUs were signed between the two countries after delegation-level talks in Nicosia.
3. A high-level meeting between the border forces of India and Bangladesh began in New Delhi.
4. International tourist arrivals hit a record high in 2017 with India leading the growth in the South Asian region, according to data from the UN’s tourism organization.
5. Commerce & Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu attended the 6th East Asia Summit- Economic Ministers’ Meeting (EAS-EMM) and 15th India-ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting (AEM) in Singapore today. Singapore is currently holding the Chair of ASEAN.
6. Justice Ranjan Gogoi, currently the senior-most judge in the Supreme Court after Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra, is set to be appointed the next Chief Justice of India.
7. WPP Plc, the world’s largest communication services group, announced the appointment of Mark Read as a chief executive officer and executive director to the company’s board with immediate effect.
8. Japanese swimmer Rikako Ikee became the first female athlete to be named the Most Valuable Player (MVP) at Asian Games.
9. The Indian Banks Association (IBA) has elected Punjab National Bank’s managing director and chief executive, Sunil Mehta, as the new Chairman for 2018-19.
10. Major General A.K. Sanyal, General Officer Commanding, Bengal Sub-area, inaugurated State Bank of India (SBI)’s e-facilitation and e-corner facility for Indian army veterans at the Army Complex near Fort William, Kolkata.
11. The RBI has canceled the license of Rajasthan-based Bhilwar Mahila Urban Co-operative Bank as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.