1. A two-day Indo-US Military Cooperation Meeting began in New Delhi as a prelude to 2 plus 2 Dialogue between the two countries scheduled next month.
2. The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has launched a dedicated portal to connect cargo owners and shippers with real-time data on the availability of vessels. The portal has been named as the Forum of Cargo Owners and Logistics Operators (FOCAL).
3. NITI Aayog will host an Investors’ Conference on August 10, 2018 at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra for the Holistic Development of Islands.
4. India and Germany signed an agreement on financial and technical cooperation, with a focus on sustainable urban development and renewable energy.
5. Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu launched a logo and tagline for Geographical Indications (GI) to increase awareness about intellectual property rights (IPRs) in the country. The GI tagline is ‘Invaluable Treasures of Incredible India’.
6. India-origin mathematician Akshay Venkatesh was awarded the prestigious Fields medal, which is commonly referred to as the Nobel prize for mathematics.
7. The World’s First Intertidal Art Gallery was opened in Maldives, it is filled with around 30 sculptures acting as a habitat for coral and other marine species.
8. Deepak Parekh was reappointed as non-executive director on the board of country’s largest mortgage lender Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd (HDFC).
9. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) announced the launch of ‘Ask Motabhai’, an artificial intelligence (AI)-based ‘chatbot’, to provide on-demand data and information from its website.
10. Telecom major Bharti Airtel launched its “Bandwith on Demand” platform globally to enable businesses manage bandwidth requirements on a real-time basis.
11. Lewis Hamilton has won the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|Naval Dockyard Recruitment||Apply for 933 Vacancies|
|Kanchipuram Central Cooperative Bank Recruitment||Apply for 238 Vacancies|
|Cotton Corporation of India Limited Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|HP Revenue Department Recruitment||Apply for 1195 Vacancies|
|BITS Pilani Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|AIATSL Recruitment||Apply for 214 Vacancies|