Ravi Capoor assumes Charge as Secretary Textiles
- In New Delhi Ravi Capoor, an IAS officer of 1986 batch, assumed charge of the office.
- He is in charge of Forest & Environment, Mines & Minerals, Public Enterprises Department, and Act East Policy Affairs.
- He had the portfolios of Industry and Commerce.
- Ravi Capoor worked as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- He was also the CEO of India Brand Equity Foundation.
In Bengaluru India and UK launch clean air initiative
- IFCA a two-year UK-India joint initiative providing Indian and UK stakeholders.
- To test interventions related to air quality.
- The event was launched in Bangalore.
- British Deputy High Commissioner Dominic McAllister collaborative initiatives.
- India can work as a joint force for good on innovative solutions.
Guruprasad Mohapatra took charge as Secretary DPIIT
- Guruprasad Mohapatra, an IAS Officer of 1986 batch.
- The event is held in New Delhi.
- He served as Chairman of AAI.
- Guruprasad Mohapatra brought about many changes in AAI’s strategic operations.
- They planned to achieve greater excellence in the sector of airport infrastructure.
- Guruprasad Mohapatra also held the position of Managing Director.
RS passed the Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill
- Rajya Sabha passed the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- With 108 votes in favor and 13 against it.
- The amendment aims to improve road safety.
- On 23 July in Lok Sabha, the Bill was passed.
By Sri Lankan govt Indian tourists exempted from visa fees
- From visa fees, for tourism purposes, India is among 48 countries.
- It is done by the Sri Lankan government.
- The decision was announced during a media conference in Colombo.
- From 20 to 40 US dollars tourism minister John Amaratunga said visa fees ranged.
- They will not be charged for grant of one month visa for tourism.
02nd August 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here