Innovation in Governance Award 2019 presented by Shri Venkaiah Naidu
- Venkaiah Naidu was given Kalam Innovation in Governance Award 2019.
- In New Delhi, this event was organized at the 3rd edition of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Summit.
- Also, he started 75 new Kalam Digital Libraries spread across the country.
- In schools for no-cost digital-based learning, they will be serving.
- They research and come up with new ideas.
IRCTC’s own payment aggregator launched
- IRCTC started its own payment aggregator system.
- To promote government’s Digital India initiative IRCTC iPay, a step.
- Also, it improved the online digital payment.
- Through the IRCTC website the availing online travel related services.
- It provides payment options like Debit Card, Credit Card, and UPI.
- It auto-debit will also be available soon.
- Based on MMAD communications the back-end support will be provided.
RBI has signed a bilateral swap agreement with the Bank of Japan
- With Bank of Japan, RBI has signed a bilateral swap agreement.
- It will provide India access to 75 billion US dollars.
- Under earlier BSA the 50 billion dollars.
- It provides India to access the reserves.
- To improve liquidity conditions the currency swap makes it easier.
- It also contributes to stabilizing the country’s BOP.
IAF pilot Abhinandan Varthaman returned to India
- On 27th Feb 2019 IAF pilot Abhinandan Varthaman was captured by the Pakistani military.
- His MiG-21 jet was shot down in PoK.
- Pakistan Foreign Office mentioned him as a Prisoner of War.
- On Feb 14th 40 CRPF personnel were killed and many injured.
- In Pulwama district, it is one of the deadliest terror attacks.
- Vardaman was in one of the eight MIG-21s.
India Growth rate falls to 6.6% in Q3
- CSO has estimated India’s economy.
- It slowed to 6.6% in the December quarter.
- It is slowest in five quarters.
- For the same quarter, this estimate is lower than Reuters estimate of 6.9%.
- The country’s 2018-19 GDP forecast to 7% from 7.2%.
02nd February 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here