1. International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is observed on 2nd November.
2. The Fourth Dialogue of the NITI Aayog – Development Research Centre (DRC) of the State Council, Peoples’ Republic of China was held in Mumbai.
3. The first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property was launched in New Delhi, to deepen bilateral strategic cooperation on IP policy.
4. Indian Air Force has organised a two day seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) at Air Force Auditorium, Subroto Park, New Delhi.
5. The Delhi government signed a memorandum of understanding with the railways to cater to pilgrims availing the Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana.
6. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi launched the Government’s Support and Outreach Initiative for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
7. Armies of India and Japan began their first-ever joint military exercise ‘Dharma Guardian-2018’ at a jungle warfare school in Mizoram’s Vairengte with a focus on strengthening counter-terror cooperation.
8. Vietnam will host a Formula One race in April 2020, becoming the third Southeast Asian nation to welcome top-flight racing as the franchise seeks to move into new markets.
9. Lieutenant General P.S. Rajeshwar took over as the 12th Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (IDS).
10. Noted Malayalam novelist and short story writer M Mukundan has been selected for the Kerala government’s highest literary award ‘Ezhuthachan Puraskaram’ for this year.
11. Private sector lender RBL Bank announced the appointment of Vikas Muttoo as the chief executive of its subsidiary Swadhaar Finserve.
12. Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games next year.
13. Pakistani batsman Azhar Ali has announced retirement from One Day International (ODI) cricket.
14. Olympic bronze medalist MC Mary Kom was named as the brand ambassador of the 10th edition of the Women’s World Championship in New Delhi.