1. Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar on November 2, 2019 announced that Superstar S Rajinikanth has been selected for the newly constituted award ‘Icon of Golden Jubilee of IFFI’.
2. French actor Isabelle Hupert is being conferred the prestigious Lifetime Achievement award at the Golden Jubilee of International Film Festival of India for her remarkable artistic skills and outstanding contribution to Cinema.
3. India and Germany signed 17 MoUs during German Chancellor Angela Merkels two-day visit to India from October 31- November 2, 2019. The agreements were signed in areas including migration, Ayurveda and yoga, occupational diseases, maritime technology and start-ups.
4. India and the United States recently committed to boosting cooperation in tackling money laundering and combating terrorism financing during the 7th meeting of the Economic and Financial Partnership (EFP) between the top officials of the two countries.
5. Spain is the new host of COP25, after Chile withdrew due to national unrest. Spain will be hosting the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP25) from December 2-13 in Madrid on the same dates as the original schedule.
6. Odisha was tagged with Maharashtra recently for the Government’s Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat initiative. Under this initiative, Government aims to build bonds between people of various States. The initiative is a tribute to Sardar Patel.
7. The Indian Army has already shortlisted the first batch of 100 women soldiers for the Corps of Military Police (CMP). These women will undergo military training in December 2019 and will be inducted into the CMP by end 2021.
8. China has officially launched 5G network services in 50 cities of the country. These cities include Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen among others. China has launched 5G network in the country by three state-owned companies – China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom.
9. Google will soon be acquiring Fitbit at USD 2.1 Billion. Google’s parent company Alphabet will pay 7.35 USD per share. This decision will bring together Hardware, Software and Artificial Intelligence.
10. China is the largest swine producing country in the world where cases of ‘African Swine Fever’ (ASF) have been reported some time back. It was first found in Africa in 1920; hence it is named ‘African Swine Fever’.