1. International day of non-violence is observed on 02nd October.
2. The Nobel Prize in Physics 2018 was awarded to Arthur Ashkin, Gérard Mourou, and Donna Strickland, for groundbreaking inventions in the field of laser physics
3. United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres arrived in New Delhi on his three-day visit to India. The UN Chief coincides with the commencement of events marking the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
4. Indian-origin Harvard University professor Gita Gopinath has been appointed chief economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
5. Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad was named as the new President of Hockey India.
6. India and Uzbekistan inked 17 agreements, including for visa-free travel for diplomatic passport holders and cooperation in the fields of tourism, national security, training of diplomats and against trafficking.
7. The 6th edition of IBSAMAR, a joint Multi-National Maritime Exercise between the Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies, was held at Simons Town, South Africa.
8. Teenage shooting star Manu Baker was named as the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the 3rd Youth Olympic Games to be held in Buenos Aires.
9. The Central Information Commission brought the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) under the RTI (Right to Information) Act.
10. Tapan Kumar Chand, CMD of National Aluminium Company (NALCO), was conferred with the NIPM Ratna Award at the 37th NIPM Annual National Conference (NATCON-2018) held in Pune.
11. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $150 million loan to finance continued improvements to road connectivity and efficiency of the international trade corridor in the northern part of West Bengal and northeastern region of India.
12.Swachh Campus Ranking 2018 released by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD) in New Delhi. The first rank under the state-run universities went to Maharshi Dayanand University in Haryana.