03rd & 04th June 2018 Current Affairs – Gk Today
1. The United Nations’ (UN) International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on 4th June.
2. The Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi was sworn in for a second four-year term in office.
3. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru has made it to the list of top 100 in the Times Higher Education (THE) World Reputation Rankings 2018.
4. India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable long-range ballistic missile Agni-5 from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
5.HDFC Bank has been recognized with the Champion Security Award at the 14th Visa Asia Pacific Security Summit for the second time.
6.NTPC Ltd has adopted the iconic Charminar in Hyderabad under the Swachh Iconic Places Projects of India.
7. The Environment Ministry signed an MoU with The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) for setting up a resource efficiency cell.
8. The two-day Conference of Governors and Lt. Governors was held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
9. The Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), Shri Shripad Yesso Naik will inaugurate the 3rdNational Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga at Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) in New Delhi on June 05, 2018.
10. Environment-friendly, clean and equipped with amenities of international standards for tourists, 13 Indian beaches will soon get the Blue Flag certification.
11. Bengaluru’s Sanjana Ramesh and Rence Forthsky of Philippines emerged as the Most Valuable Players (MVP) of the four-day Basketball Without Borders (BWB) Asia camp.
12. The government has appointed MK Jain (IDBI Bank Managing Director) as the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in place of S. S. Mundra.
13. India has begun importing Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) from Russia as part of its strategy to diversify its supply sources and cater to the rapidly rising local energy needs.
14. Kagiso Rabada, the world’s number one Test bowler, was named South Africa’s Cricketer of the Year. Rabada collected a total of six awards, including Test cricketer of the year, one-day international player of the year and players’ player of the year.
15. India batsman Rohit Sharma has been invited by Major League Baseball club Seattle Mariners to throw the ceremonial “First Pitch”. Rohit Sharma is the first Indian cricketer to be given this honor.
16. A former international footballer and Tata’s player, Timothy Pereira has passed away.