1. NITI Aayog has launched “Move Hack”, a global mobility hackathon to crowdsource solutions aimed at the future of mobility in India.
2. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired the endo-atmospheric Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile from the Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
3. Ranchi man Ranjit Srivastava has developed an Indian version of ‘Sophia’, a social humanoid robot developed by a Hong Kong-based company, named “Rashmi”. It was the world’s first Hindi speaking realistic humanoid robot and India’s first lip-synching robot.
4. India’s GDP growth is expected to 7.5 percent in this financial year, according to the Morgan Stanley report.
5. President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the Outstanding Parliamentarian awards. Dr. Najma Heptullah won the award for 2013, Hukum Dev Narayan for 2014, Ghulam Nabi Azad for 2015, Dinesh Trivedi for 2016 and Bhartruhari Mahtab for 2017.
6. The Andhra Pradesh Government has approved the “Mukhyamantri Yuva Nestam” scheme that makes unemployed youth in the state, eligible of receiving Rs.1000 per month from the government.
7. The Maharashtra government has approved over Rs.7,000 crore to complete the drinking water projects in scarcity-hit areas.
8. Mauritius-based SBM Group has received Reserve Bank of India’s approval to operate in the country through a wholly-owned subsidiary. It is the first foreign lender to receive such a license after local incorporation was introduced in 2013.
9. NABARD has sanctioned Rs.722 crore for eight water projects in the rural areas of Haryana.
10. Apple Inc. became the first U.S.-based company with a market value of $1 trillion.
11. The UAE on Wednesday launched a landmark three-month visa amnesty programme which will benefit hundreds of illegal foreign workers.
12. Renowned industrialists Kumar Mangalam Birla and YC Deveshwar were appointed as non-official independent directors in Air India.