Mindtree appoints Cognizants Debashis Chatterjee as new CEO
- Mindtree appointed S.N. Subrahmanyan as its non-executive VC.
- Subrahmanyan currently serves as L&T groups.
- Chatterjee Cognizant’s global leader for digital systems.
- He is the third person to take up the top job since the company launched.
RS passed UAPA Bill
- The Rajya Sabha passed the contentious the Unlawful Activities 2019.
- The Bill was passed with 104 votes.
- And it as compared to 85 in its favor.
In July GST collection surpasses the Rs lakh crore mark
- GST collection in July surpassed the Rs.1 lakh crore mark.
- After a slump in the June month.
- Centre’s data reported that the total disposal under GST.
- In July 2019 it was reported to be Rs.1.02 lakh crore.
LS passed the Dam Safety Bill
- Lok Sabha passed the Dam Safety Bill, 2019.
- The Bill aims to provide uniform safety procedures.
- It will also enhance the security of citizens.
- The introduction of the Bill will not take away the rights of the States.
- The Bill was introduced in 2010.
The US officially withdraws from INF treaty
- The US has officially withdrawn from the INF treaty with Russia.
- With Russia, the withdrawal has ended a Cold War-era missile treaty.
- This could start an arms race between the US and Russia.
03rd August 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here