‘Jal Amrutha’ scheme launched by Karnataka Government
- In Bengaluru A water conservation scheme ‘Jal Amrutha’ was started by H D Kumaraswamy.
- At Dr B R Ambedkar Bhavan Rural Development and Panchayat Raj department was organized.
- To avoid wastage of water they prompt them to come up with ways.
- The scheme will involve water harvesting, water budgeting, and water conservation.
- 2019 has been declared as Jalavarsha.
- After Rajasthan Karnataka is the 2nd larget drought-prone state in the country.
- It provides monetary help amounting to Rs 95 lakhs.
79th Indian History Congress held in Bhopal
- In Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 79th IHC was held at Barkatullah University.
- Over 1,000 delegates have participated in it.
- After 2011 it was the 2nd time Madhya Pradesh hosted the event.
- IHC was initially held at Maharashtra.
- Due to financial reasons, it was canceled.
In NHB Cabinet approves Rs 1,450 crore for share capital of RBI
- In India to promote housing finance institutions, NHB has been set up.
- NHB stands at ₹2,000 crore.
- ₹1,450 crore has been subscribed by RBl.
- At present, the capital is fully subscribed by RBl.
IIT scientist discovered tadpole-like jets on Sun
- Abhishek Srivastava has discovered tadpole-shaped jets.
- On the sun it is coming out of regions with intense magnetic fields.
- Formally called pseudo-shocks.
- The “tadpoles” are made entirely of plasma.
- It is estimated 99% of the observable universe.
- It could help understand why corona.
- Over 200 times hotter than its surface.
Air Marshal R D Mathur assumes charge as Air Officer
- The IAF has a charge as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Air Command.
- In 1978 R D Mathur has joined the National Defence Academy.
- In June 1982 it was commissioned into the fighter stream.
- In 2003 he was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal.
- In 2014 he awarded Ati Vishisht Seva Medal.
03rd March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here