1. The International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST), the global voice of food science and technology in association with Indian National Science Academy (INSA) as adhering body, announced the 19th edition of its prestigious global event to be held in Navi Mumbai, India from October 23-27, 2018.
2. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the “Happiness Curriculum” for students of the nursery to Class 8 in government schools. The curriculum was launched in the presence of the Dalai Lama.
3. Union Agriculture Minister, Radha Mohan Singh chaired the inter-session meeting of the consultative committee on “Marine Fisheries-Mariculture in India” at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu.
4. Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has organized a “National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)” in New Delhi.
5. Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix’.
6. Senior bureaucrat Saraswati Prasad has taken over the additional charge as chairman and managing director of steel PSU SAIL.
7.P K Shrivastava took over as the new Director General of Ordnance Factories (DGOF) and Chairman of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).
8. Noted artist Anjolie Ela Menon has received the National Kalidas Samman in Delhi for visual arts from the Madhya Pradesh government.
9. Himachal Pradesh has been adjudged first among states for its performance under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritav Abhiyan (PMSMA) in the country.
10. Major General VD Dogra became the first serving Indian Army officer and the only General across the world to have completed a grueling ‘Ironman’ competition held in Austria.
11. The Bharti Infratel, a mobile infrastructure company, has got the approval of competition watchdog Competition Commission of India (CCI) for merging its operations with Indus Towers.
12. Max Verstappen has won Austrian Grand Prix Formula one championship.
13. Indian para-athlete Yogesh Kathuniya broke the world record in the men’s discus F36 while winning gold in the Para-athletics Grand Prix in Berlin.