World UFO day observed on 2 July 2019
- World UFO Day is observed on July 2.
- To encourage the government to reveal its flies.
- It is a day awareness day for people to gather together.
- June 24 is the date that aviator, Kenneth Arnold.
Karnam Sekar takes over as new MD and CEO of IOB
- IOB appointed Karnam Sekar as its new MD and CEO.
- He replaces R Subramaniakumar.
- Before he was MD & CEO of Dena Bank.
- He was on Special Duty.
- He served State Bank of India as Deputy Managing Director.
P.K. Purwar appointed as the CMD of BSNL
- Ravi Shankar Prasad assured that the govt was working towards BSNL and MTNL.
- They survival through competition and get involved both the organizations.
- It is for a period of three months starting July 1.
- The approval of the ACC to ensure the continuity at the struggling PSU.
NALCO to get Presidents to award for excellent CSR
- NALCO selected for President’s award.
- In 2015 the company started a scheme “Aliali Jhia”.
- The main aim is to promote the education of Girls.
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs explained about the CMD.
- Tapan Chand who initiated the scheme.
Ola Electric invests $250million funding from SoftBank
- In Ola Electric Mobility SoftBank invested around $250 million.
- The electric vehicle unit Ola becomes the newest unicorn from India.
- The likes of Zomato, Flipkart, Paytm in the parent company.
- Ola Electric issued 4,326 fully and compulsorily convertible.
03rd July 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here