In Russia, Bajrang Punia wins gold at Ali Aliev tournament
- In the finals of men’s 65kg freestyle, Bajrang Punia defeated Viktor Rassadin.
- In 2 weeks Russia’s Kaspiisk to bag his second title.
- Bajrang, who was 0-5 down at one stage.
- It went on to win the bout 13-8.
- In China at the Asian Championships, the 25-year-old had won the gold medal.
On 3rd May World Press Freedom Day is celebrated
- Every year World Press Freedom Day is celebrated on 3rd May.
- In 1993 it was started by the UN General Assembly.
- The day aims to celebrate the fundamental principles of press freedom.
- It defends the media from attacks on their independence.
- In the exercise of their profession journalists who have laid down their lives.
- UNESCO’s mandate is freedom of freedom and the press.
India retains top spot in ICC Test rankings
- In the ICC Test rankings, India retained its top position.
- In Dubai the latest annual rankings released.
- In the test series, New Zealand secured second place.
- India bagged prize money of USD 1 million.
- New Zealand bagged USD 500,000.
- South Africa finished third with 105 points.
In India, Netherlands is now the 3rd largest FDI
- In India, the Netherlands is now the third largest FDI.
- The Netherlands has invested around $2.67 billion.
- It is also the 2nd largest destination for foreign investment.
- In 2017 after Singapore, with investments worth $12.8 billion.
In Sikkim Sino Indian border trade opened at Nathu La
- The 14th edition of the annual Sino-Indian border trade on 1st May.
- A function was held to mark the occasion.
- The traders of both countries were present at the border.
- There are 3 open trading border posts between China and India they are Nathu La in Sikkim, Shipkila in Himachal Pradesh and Lioulekh (or LiDulech) in Uttarakhand.
03rd May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here