1. The Maharashtra Cabinet has approved the conversion of decommissioned carrier INS Viraat into a floating museum.
2. The Ministry of Railways launched the ‘Unreserved Mobile Ticketing’ facility (UTS on Mobile) to enable seamless booking of unreserved tickets all over Indian Railways, wiping out the need for passengers to wait in queues for purchasing the tickets.
3. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for collaboration in LPG services was signed in New Delhi between Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, HPCL & BPCL) and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited.
4. Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting Shri Ashok Kumar Parma inaugurated India Pavilion Inaugurated at Videocitta 2018 in Rome Film Festival.
5. Atul Kumar Goel has assumed charge as Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank. Prior to this assignment, he was executive director of Union Bank of India.
6. Kirloskar Capital, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kirloskar Oil Engines (KOEL), has received RBI licence to start a non-banking financial company (NBFC).
7. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) allowed banks to provide partial credit enhancement (PCE) to bonds issued by systemically important non-deposit taking non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) registered with the RBI and housing finance companies (HFCs) registered with the National Housing Bank.
8. China successfully launched a high orbit satellite to boost its home-grown BeiDou global satellite navigation system being built to rival United States Global Position System (GPS).
9. India and Japan signed a loan agreement of Rs 18.17 bn for the construction of the Turga Pumped Storage in West Bengal.
10. The Arunachal Pradesh Police launched the Arunachal Pradesh ‘Tourist Police’ and the Arunachal ‘Suraksha’ App to help the citizens during emergencies.
11. Justice Ramesh Ranganathan was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand high court.
12. ICGS Varaha, the fourth in the series of 98 M offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) of Indian Coast Guard, was launched at Kattupalli, Chennai.