1. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
2. The Odisha government launched its own food security scheme on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, benefiting 25 lakh people who were left out of the National Food Security Act.
3. Haryana’s Maharshi Dayanand University has been declared the cleanest government varsity by the HRD Ministry, followed by Guru Nanak Dev University in Punjab’s Amritsar.
4. PM Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron were jointly awarded the UN’s highest environmental honour, the UNEP Champions of the Earth award, for their pioneering work in championing the International Solar Alliance and promoting new areas of cooperation on environmental action.
5. Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed $240 million loan for providing safe and sustainable drinking water to about 1.65 million people in three districts of the state of West Bengal affected by arsenic, fluoride, and salinity.
6. Justice Ranjan Gogoi took oath as the 46th Chief Justice of India. He succeeds Justice Dipak Misra.
7. Iraqi lawmakers have elected Barham Salih as the new president of Iraq.
8. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2018 was awarded to Frances H. Arnold for the directed evolution of enzymes, George P. Smith and Sir Gregory P. Winter for the phage display of peptides and antibodies.
9. The largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has announced that the cash withdrawal limit from automated teller machines (ATMs) has been reduced to Rs.20,000 per day from Rs.40,000 effective from October 31, 2018.
10. Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign, ‘Udyam Abhilasha’ in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in 28 States and reaching to around 15,000 youth.
11. Manipur claimed victory in the final of the 24th Senior Women’s National Football Championships.
12. Rio Paralympic gold medallist Mariyappan Thangavelu was named as flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the 3rd Paralympic Asian games to be held in Jakarta.