1. The country’s first e-waste recycling unit will come up in Bengaluru, Union minister of chemicals and Fertilisers Ananth Kumar said.
2. The famous 4-day Meghalaya Annual Cultural Festival, “Behdienkhlam” concluded in Meghalaya.
3.NITI Aayog, in collaboration with various ministries and industry partners, is organizing ‘MOVE: Global Mobility Summit’ in New Delhi on 7th and 8th September, 2018.
4. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launched its first in-house single umbrella e-marketing system that can be accessed from anywhere in India for sale and purchase of its products.
5. The 5th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) intersessional ministerial meeting was held in Tokyo, Japan.
6. Election Commission has launched a mobile app, called ‘cVIGIL’, (stands for citizens’ vigil) for citizens to report any violation of the model code of conduct during elections.
7. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued licence to Bank of China to launch operations in India.
8. The 42nd session of the World Heritage Committee has been concluded in Manama, Bahrain.
9. The first meeting of Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA) was held in New Delhi.
10.NABARD has sanctioned Rs.735.53 crore in the first quarter of the current fiscal under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for West Bengal for facilitating the execution of 86 projects.
11. Tony winner Liliane Montevecchi, the Paris-born dancer, actor, and singer has passed away.
12. Former chief of naval staff Admiral J G Nadkarni has passed away.
13. Crime writer Hussain Zaidi pays tribute to the men in uniform in his new novel “Eleventh Hour”.