Abu Dhabi hosted OIC Meeting
- Abu Dhabi hosted the 46th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers.
- To discuss ways to combat speech it is 2-day gathering dedicated.
- India is the first time to participate in the meeting.
- Sushma Swaraj attended this event.
- She was welcomed as a “guest of honor”.
OSDMA conferred with 2018 SKOCH Award
- The highest independent honor in the country was given to OSDMA (Odisha State Disaster Management Authority).
- In the field of disaster management, it is the 1st time for its remarkable achievements.
- In New Delhi, the award was presented of 56th SKOCH Summit.
- OSDMA received this SKOCH award.
- Across the coastline, it established 879 Multi-Purpose Cyclone and Flood Shelters.
Govt approves Adani Powers Rs 14,000 crore Jharkhand SEZ project
- The government has approved an Rs 14,000-crore SEZ.
- In Jharkhand, this project was accepted.
- Unit to Bangladesh the entire power generated.
- By the end of 2022, it was ready.
- Over an area of 425 hectares, the company had sought approval for setting up the project.
- Two supercritical units of 800 MW.
- It set up with an investment of Rs 14,000 crore.
CISF sets Guinness record for longest single line cycle parade
- The CISF created the Guinness World Record.
- In Noida to mark the 50 years of the paramilitary force.
- CISF personnel rode 1,327 bicycles non-stop in a single line.
- Between the bicycles maintaining a uniform.
- The previous record was held by Hubballi Bicycle Club.
- 1,235 bicycles in a single chain.
Anil Kumble re-appointed as chairman of the ICC Cricket Committee
- For the 3rd consecutive time, Anil Kumble has been reappointed as the Chairman of the ICC Cricket Committee.
- This three-year stint will end in 2021.
- Since 2012 Kumble has been the chairman of the committee.
- In 2012 He had replaced former Windies’ captain Clive Lloyd.
- In the year of 2016, Kumble was reappointed for his 2nd term.
04th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here