1. The National Nutrition Month (September) is being celebrated across the country to mark the fight against malnutrition.
2. Rajasthan government will soon distribute mobile phones to women under the Bhamashah Yojana. This initiative is in a bid to strengthen Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship ‘Digital India’ campaign.
3. International Aviation Summit was held in New Delhi, it was organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), the Airports Authority India (AAI) and International Air Transport Association.
4. India along with 23 other nations participated in a major Indian ocean-wide tsunami mock drill. The exercise, known as IOWave18, is being organised by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and former prime minister Manmohan Singh released a book titled ‘Moving On…Moving Forward: A Year in Office’ published on experiences of M Venkaiah Naidu during his first year as Vice President of India and Chairman of Rajya Sabha, in New Delhi.
6. NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant announced that, India will shortly unveil a one-nation-one-card policy for public transport that will bring seamless connectivity between various modes of transport.
7. Ukraine launched joint military exercises “Rapid Trident” with the U.S. and a string of other NATO countries as tensions with Russia remain high over the Kremlin-backed insurgency in the country’s east.
8. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) asked all scheduled commercial banks with more than 10 branches to appoint an internal ombudsman.
9. Mumbai’s Nehal Chudasama was crowned Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva Universe 2018 at a glitzy event at NSCI Dome.
10. Anjum Moudgil and Apurvi Chandela became the first set of Indian shooters to secure quota places for the 2020 Olympics.