1. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Defence India Startup Challenge in Bengaluru.
2. Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya junction, previously known as Mughalsarai junction, was inaugurated by BJP President Amit Shah.
3.Ph.D. Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) and Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to establish India-Nepal Centre.
4. Japan has pipped China as the world’s number two stock market, according to Bloomberg report.
5. The U.K. government announced new plans to change the law for organ and tissue donation to address the urgent need for organs within Indian-origin communities in the country.
6. The transit campus of the Central University of Andhra Pradesh was inaugurated and dedicated to the nation by Union Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar at the IT Business Incubation Centre at the JNTU Anantapur.
7. Indra Nooyi has stepped down as a chief executive officer of food and beverage giant PepsiCo Inc.
8. The government has approved 122 new research projects of 112 crore rupees under its Impacting Research Innovation and Technology ‘IMPRINT-2’ scheme.
9. Zimbabwe President Emmerson Mnangagwa, a former ally of Robert Mugabe, narrowly won the country’s landmark election.
10. Indian Golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar claimed his maiden European Tour title with a one-shot victory at the Fiji International.
11. Facebook announced the launch of a “Digital Literacy Library” to help young people build the skills they need to safely enjoy online technology.
12. Netherlands were crowned Women’s Hockey World Cup winners for a record eighth time by defeating Ireland
13. Grandmaster Vaibhav Suri has won the Biel Masters chess title in Biel, Switzerland.
14. The 2018 World Badminton Championship concluded in Nanjing, China. The Winners are
Men’s Singles: Kento Momota (Runner: Shi Yuqi)
Women’s Singles: Carolina Marin (Runner: PV Sindhu)
Men’s Doubles: Li Junhui / Liu Yuchen
Women’s Doubles: Mayu Matsumoto / Wakana Nagahara
Mixed Doubles: Zheng Siwei / Huang Yaqiong