1. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched ‘Poshan Abhiyan’, a statewide mission to eradicate malnutrition among children by providing them nutritious food through Anganwadi centers.
2. Madhya Pradesh government has launched an outstanding power bill waiver scheme and subsidized power scheme ‘Sambal’ for laborers and poor families.
3. Union Minister of Coal, Railways Piyush Goyal launched the Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System (CMSMS) and Mobile Application “Khan Prahari” developed by CMPDI, Ranchi in New Delhi.
4. The world’s first all-digital art museum has opened at the MORI Building Digital Art Museum in Japan’s Tokyo.
5. The Union Cabinet permitted the Higher Education Funding Agency (HEFA) to mobilize Rs.1 lakh crore to fund research and academic infrastructure in higher educational institutions by 2022.
6. World Bank Group member IFC has invested $100 million in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. (Mahindra Finance).
7. Payments Council of India (PCI) has announced the appointment of Vishwas Patel, CEO of Infibeam Avenues, as its new chairman.
8. Uttam Dhillon, an Indian-American top White House lawyer, has been appointed as the new head of the crucial Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) that combats the smuggling and use of narcotics in the US.
9. The Sports Authority of India (SAI) is set to be renamed as Sports India, Union Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore announced.
10. Public Wi-Fi in India has the ability to capture 40 million new connected users by 2019, according to a joint report by Google and global research firm Analysys Mason.
11. Air India has removed all mention of Taiwan from its website. Instead, all flights to Taipei Taoyuan International Airport have been relabeled “Chinese Taipei” by India’s national airline.