05th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. World Environment Day is celebrated on 05th June. This year theme is ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’.
2. The Agriculture Ministry launched ‘Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan’, to assist and advice farmers on how to improve their farming techniques and raise their incomes.
3. The Union government announced a package of more than Rs.8,000 crore aimed to provide relief to sugarcane farmers and to clear their dues.
4. Global Compact Network India (GCNI), a local network of the United Nations Global Compact in New York, is holding its 13th National Convention in Bengaluru with the theme ”Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’.
5. Union Government has launched the ‘JANAUSHADHI SUVIDHA’, the Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin, under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
6. A French swimmer, Ben Lecomte has set off from Japan aiming to become the first person to swim across the Pacific Ocean.
7. India is among the top five e-waste generating countries in the world besides China, the US, Japan and Germany, according to the report of Assocham and NEC.
8. Commerce and Industry Minister, Suresh Prabhu, attended an Informal Gathering of World Trade Organisation (WTO) Ministers in Paris.
9. Madagascar’s prime minister Olivier Mahafaly has resigned from his post.
10. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ensured cash availability to the extent of 95 percent (Rs.5400 crore) in Telangana for the newly launched ‘Rythu Bandhu’ investment support scheme for farmers.
11. Afghanistan’s 19-year-old spinner Rashid Khan became the world’s fastest cricketer to reach 50 wickets in T20I cricket.