1. World Teachers’ Day is observed on 05th October. This year theme is ‘The right to education means the right to a qualified teacher’.
2. India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $110 million loan agreement to upgrade all-weather rural roads in Madhya Pradesh under the Prime Minister’s Rural Roads Programme (PMGSY).
3. India and Russia signed the $5 billion S-400 air defence system deal during the annual bilateral summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin in New Delhi.
4. Senior diplomat Sanjay Verma has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Spain.
5. India’s overall ranking on the government’s adoption of e-payments has moved up to 28th in 2018, from 36th in 2011.
6. India Chem 2018, the 10th Biennial International Exhibition & Conference was began in Mumbai. Union Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the conference.
7. A four-day India International Science Festival (IISF) 2018 kicked off in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
8. The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2018 to Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.
9. Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi became the first person to be stripped of the honorary Canadian citizenship for her role in gross human rights violations against the Rohingya people.
10. Alphonso from Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Palghar, Thane and Raigad districts of Maharashtra, is registered as Geographical Indication (GI).
11. The ICICI Bank appointed Sandeep Bakhshi as the chief executive officer (CEO) of the bank after Chanda Kochhar sought early retirement from the bank.
12. Kerala-based Federal Bank was fined Rs 5 crore by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for not following procedures on reporting of data on large corporate loans, assessment of risk-based supervision (RBS) by RBI.
13. The 36th National Games in Goa will be held from March 30 to April 14 next year.
14. Two agreements have been signed between India and France to foster the development of renewable energy innovations in the country.
15. India and Kazakhstan agree to boost Defence and Military-Technical Cooperation.
16. Justice Surya Kant of Punjab and Haryana high court has been appointed as chief justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|CBSE Recruitment||Apply for Various Vacancies|
|PSPCL Recruitment||Apply for 1798 Vacancies|
|APSBCL Recruitment||Apply for 9267 Vacancies|
|UBTER Recruitment||Apply for 401 Vacancies|
|South Central Coalfields Limited Recruitment||Apply for 88585 Vacancies|
|BECIL Recruitment||Apply for 2684 Vacancies|