The government launched PRAKASH portal to monitor coal supply power plants
- PRAKASH portal (Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony) has been launched by the government
- The major aim is to monitor coal supply power plants
- R K Singh and Pralhad Joshi are the Union Ministers and they have been launched the portal
- The PRAKASH is for transparency and better coordination among stakeholders.
For connecting the nearby Wi-Fi hotspots BSNL partners with Paytm
- BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) partnered with Paytm to let users connect to nearby Wi-Fi hotspots
- The major aim is to bring a revolution in the adoption of public Wi-Fi
- BSNL and Paytm are working together to enable more hotspot locations to improve the digital footprint.
ISRO to held space docking trial in 2020 for own space station
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has revealed their plan to carry out a space docking experiment, Spadex, in 2020
- K Sivan is the ISRO Chairman. And he announces the plan
- Two experimental modules will be sent into space
- Onboard a PSLV rocket and two will be docked with each other
- The declaration comes after ISRO’s plan to build up India’s own space station by 2030.
The helicopter services in New York has been launched by Uber
- In New York, the Uber Technologies Inc (UBER) launches the Uber Copter, the helicopter services
- Soon all the users will have a chance to book helicopter flights to John F. Kennedy (JFK) International airport with the help of their apps
- HeliFlite Shares is a licensed company operates the flights.
A new strategic disinvestment process has been approved by Cabinet
- a new process of strategic disinvestment with a view to expediting the PSUs (privatization of select Public sector undertakings) has been approved by cabinet
- DIPAM (Department of Investment and Public Asset Management) has been made the nodal department for the strategic stake sale
- DIPAM functions under the Ministry of Finance.
05th October 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here