Lok Sabha recently Passes the bill to increase the number of SC judges
- Well, recently, the Lok Sabha has passed the bill and the bill is related to increasing the number of SC judges
- The major aim is to reduce the pendency of cases
- At present 30 Supreme Judges are working and the Lok Shabha is planning to increase it from 33
- Ravi Shankar Prasad is the Law Minister who has used the chance to desire the judiciary across making “sweeping commentary”.
Lalit Kala Akademi celebrates 65th Foundation Day
- 65th foundation day has been celebrated by Lalit Kala Akademi
- And this event is conducted at the Lalit Kala Art Galleries of Rabindra Bhawan. And it is located in New Delhi
- The 65th Foundation Day, the Akademi has conducted several events
- An exhibition of eminent women artists’ paintings and Women-Artists Camp and Akademi’s permanent collection are conducted on the day.
Kanti Bhatt passed away and he is the Gujarati journalist-author and columnist
- Kanti Bhatt is one of the famous Gujarathi Journalist author and columnist recently passed away in Mumbai
- On 5th August 2019, he passed away
- He was 88 years old
- Kanti Bhatt is a good writer, journalist and columnist
- Kanti Bhatt was born on July 15th, 1931 in Gujarat District.
Surrogacy Regulation Bill was passed by Lok Sabha
- On 5th August 2019, the Lok Sabha has passed the bill named as Surrogacy Regulation
- Its major aim is to ban the commercial surrogacy in-country
- Harsha Vardhan is Union Health Minister introduced this bill
- It produces the provisions to protect the complete rights of children born through surrogacy.
Article 370 was scrapped by the Parliament
- Article 370 of the Indian constitution gives a special status to the region of Jammu and Kashmir
- Part XXI of the constitution, this article 370 was drafted
- Article 35A gets revoked alongside Article 370.
- Moreover, Article 35A explains about the “permanent residents” of Jammu & Kashmir and grants special rights to them.
06th August 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here