1. The Uttarakhand High Court accorded the status of a “legal person or entity” to animals in the state.
2. The National Security Guard (NSG) will be the first central paramilitary force to opt for e-ticketing instead of the railway warrant under an agreement signed with the IRCTC.
3. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully carried out a flight test for a newly-designed Crew Escape System, meant for saving lives of astronauts in an exigency.
4. Private lender YES Bank has received final regulatory approval from the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to start mutual fund business.
5. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched his ‘Chai pe Charcha’ or ‘conversation over tea’ campaign and interacted with scores of party workers and people at different places in the State.
6. The Cabinet has approved the appointment of Former Chief Justice of Patna High Court, Justice L. Narasimha Reddy as the Chairman of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT).
7. National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has launched a Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CoE – DSAI) in collaboration with the Government of Karnataka, in Bengaluru.
8. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) entered in an agreement with Andhra Pradesh Government to set up a ‘Design University’ for gaming in Visakhapatnam.
9. The government has approved the extension of the recapitalization scheme for Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) for next three years up to 2019-20 with an aim to strengthen their lending capacity.
10. Infosys signed a new partnership with Siemens PLM Software to develop applications and services for MindSphere, the open cloud-based IoT operating system from Siemens.