1. The government decided to make the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) an open-ended scheme and added more incentives to encourage people to open bank accounts.
2. The Supreme Court scrapped parts of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the 1862 law which criminalised homosexuality.
3. India and the US held the first edition of the twice-deferred two-plus-two talks in New Delhi.
4. Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the three day Defence and Homeland Security Expo and Conference in New Delhi.
5. India retained the top WHO position in South-East Asia Region with Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh unanimously re-elected as Regional Director for another five-year term.
6. State-run telecom firm BSNL has roped in Indian boxer MC Mary Kom as its brand ambassador for two years.
7. India and Bulgaria signed two agreements in an effort to strengthen the bilateral relationship between the two countries.
8.SBI Mutual Fund has appointed Ashwani Bhatia as its managing director and chief executive officer.
9. Saurabh Chaudhary has won gold medal in Junior 10m Air Pistol at the ISSF Shooting World Championship in Changwon, South Korea.
10. India has improved its ranking by one spot from 2016 and now stands 19th in the ‘Theft Ranking’ for countries with weapons-usable nuclear materials, according to the Nuclear Security Index
11. Arif Alvi has elected as the President of Pakistan.
12. Noted Gujarati language author and poet Bhagwati Kumar Sharma has passed away.