1. India has been elected as a member of the International Telecommunications Union Council (ITU) for another 4-year term, from 2019 to 2022..
2. The 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2018 will be held in Goa from 20th to 28th of this month.
3. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the technology-driven and citizen-friendly ‘Mo bus’ service featuring free wi-fi, CCTV surveillance, public information display system and on board announcements in the city.
4. The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has signed a MoU with the HCL Foundation to work on tributaries of Ganga – Hindon and Yamuna – and in parts of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand in order to scale up the afforestation drive.
5. The Central & Andhra Pradesh governments and the World Bank have signed the loan agreement for a $172.20 million project to enhance agricultural productivity, profitability, and climate resilience of poor and marginalised farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
6. The Women and Child Development Ministry has set up an online marketing portal for unique organic products of the women farmers and entrepreneurs from across the country, named “Mahila-E-Haat”.
7. China has unveiled its new-generation stealth combat unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), UAV – CH7, stated to be the most advanced drone developed so far by the country.
8. The nation’s largest container port JNPT is planning to host an edible oil refinery to maximise revenue and ensure captive cargo.
9. Retired Gauhati High Court judge Pranoy Kumar Musahary was sworn in as the first chairperson of Lokayukta in Meghalaya.
10. Meghalaya Government has decided to appoint R Chandranathan as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of the state.
11. Gaddam Dharmendra has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Islamic Republic of Iran.
12. Angad Vir Singh Bajwa created history on Diwali eve by shooting a gold in the men’s skeet final of the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship registered a world record score. With the win, Bajwa became the first Indian skeet shooter to win a gold medal at any continental or world level event.
13. India’s 10m rifle mixed team pairing of Elavenil Valarivan and Hriday Hazarika struck gold at the 11th Asian Championship in Kuwait city.
14. Sixteen-year-old Samay Godika has emerged the winner in the fourth annual “Breakthrough Junior Challenge”, a global science video competition.