1. Air Force Day is celebrated on 8th October.
2. The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the UN Environment for coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development.
3. JIMEX-18, a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Japan, began in Visakhapatnam.
4. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Nirman Kusuma’ programme for providing financial assistance to the children of the construction workers for their technical education in the state.
5. The Karnataka Department of Social Welfare has launched ‘Unnati’, a scheme to foster entrepreneurs working on rural and social impact technologies.
6. The Centre has assured Karnataka government that nearly 450 crore rupees will be reimbursed to it in connection with the expenditure incurred for procuring cereals and coarse cereals.
7. The country’s biggest skill competition, India Skills 2018 has concluded in New Delhi.
8. The Centre has reconstituted Supreme Court-empowered Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority or the EPCA, which is tasked with taking various measures to tackle air pollution in the National Capital Region.
9. India won the 2018 ACC Under-19 Asia Cup in Dhaka by defeating Sri Lanka.
10. The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has won the ‘ISSA Good Practice Award’ for Administrative Solution for Coverage Extension at the “Regional Social Security Forum for Asia and the Pacific” held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
11. Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and the state Chief Minister Raman Singh laid the foundation stone of two key railway projects in Chhattisgarh.
12. Eminent Gandhian Natwar Thakkar, popularly known as Nagaland’s Gandhi, has passed away.
13. Brett Kavanaugh has been officially sworn in as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court at a ceremony with US President Donald Trump.
14. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first Uttarakhand Investors Summit in Dehradun.
15. India’s Keerthana Pandian has won the girls’ title in the IBSF World Under-16 Snooker Championships.
16. Richie Benaud will be posthumously honored as ‘Legend’ by Sports Australia Hall of Fame.