1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of the Republic of Korea Moon Jae-in inaugurated Samsung’s mobile manufacturing plant, touted as the biggest in the world, in Noida.
2. Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the 17th World Sanskrit Conference at Vancouver, Canada.
3. The Union environment ministry has issued a notification setting noise standards for all airports across the country. The limits, however, exclude defense aircraft, and those that are landing and taking off.
4. The RBI announced that the licence of Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank in Alwar, Rajasthan has been cancelled as it is not in a position to pay its depositors in full as and when their claims accrue, among other reasons.
5. Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand has received Knowledge Excellence Award from Secretary, Mines, Govt. of India for Outstanding Contribution in Aluminium Knowledge domain.
6. David Davis has resigned as Brexit Secretary.
7. Michael Ondaatje’s “The English Patient” was named the greatest-ever winner of the Man Booker Prize in the Southbank Centre, London.
8. Former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Uday Kumar Varma has been appointed as a member of the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC).
9. The government-owned telecom company BSNL has launched its Internet Telephony (VOIP) service with brand name “Wings” in India, The connections will be made available from 01st August.
10. India’s premier gymnast Dipa Karmakar clinched the gold medal in the vault event of FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup at Mersin, Turkey.
11. Indian lifter Jhilli Dalabehera bagged the bronze medal in the 2018 IWF Junior World Weightlifting Championships at Tashkent.
12. India’s much-awaited indigenously manufactured semi high-speed train, code-named ‘Train 18’, is expected to be rolled out in September.