On 6th July Jaipur enters the UNESCO World Heritage Site list
- On 6th July The walled city of Jaipur has entered into the UNESCO.
- It is well known for its iconic architectural legacy.
- It has become the second city in the country.
- To enter into the UNESCO World Heritage Site after Ahmedabad.
Hong Kong to fund USD 900,000 for the cyclone-hit Odisha
- Hong Kong government has approved a relief fund.
- And rehabilitation work in of over USD 900,000.
- It will benefit around 45,100 victims in Odisha.
- The government has approved three grants totaling 7.032 million.
In Puducherry Bi-cycle sharing scheme to be introduced
- Puducherry launched a bicycle-sharing scheme.
- It is to be introduced in Puducherry in a couple of months.
- The bicycles can be left at any of the docking stations.
- Around 100 spots have been identified for cycle docking stations.
- Bharathi Park, Gandhi Tidal, Aurobindo ashram, and railway station.
- It is a novel scheme suitable for Puducherry.
Iraq’s Babylon listed as UNESCO’s World Heritage Site
- UNESCO World Heritage Committee voted to list sprawling Mesopotamian metropolis.
- 30 years of lobbying efforts by Iraq.
- Iraq to have Babylon site recognized by UNESCO.
Nepal’s effective measures to clean up the Mount Everest
- Nepal conducted a month-long cleaning campaign.
- They clean the trashes in Mount Everest.
- By collecting over 10,000 kg of rubbish from the region.
08th July 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here