Govt to issue Rs 20 coins for the first time
- Finance Ministry has declared rollout of a new ₹20 coin.
- It shaped like a “dodecagon”, a 12-edged polygon.
- At 8.54 grams new coin will be heavier than all the existing coins.
- The coin will bear Lion Capital of Ashoka Pillar.
- It also is minted.
- It has the sole right to mint coins.
- In terms of the RBI Act they circulation only through the Reserve Bank.
International Women’s Day 2019
- Across the world International Women’s Day 2019 is celebrated on 8th March.
- In 1975 began celebrating International Women’s Day.
- Think to Build Smart, Equal, Innovate for Change is the theme.
- On 13th Feb National Women’s Day of India was observed.
Kaja Kallas elected as the first female Prime Minister of Estonia
- Kaja Kallas is the leader of the country’s Reform Party.
- The Reform party beat the Jüri Ratas.
- It gaining 4 new seats in the parliament.
- In 2016 Estonia also elected their first female president.
- Estonia is a small country.
In Bharti Airtel Singapore government to invest Rs 5,000 crore
- Singapore’s government’s investment arm GIC Pvt Ltd.
- It shares worth ₹5,000 crore as part of Airtel’s plans.
- To raise ₹25,000 crore through rights issue.
- It also committed to buying ₹3,750 crore worth Airtel stock.
BIAC India won the Women on a Mission award
- ‘The Women on A Mission Award’ BIAC India’s partner P. Doraswamy was conferred.
- It was presented to him by philanthropist Sudha Narayana Murthy.
- For his contribution, the award was given.
- To the welfare of women workforce in Visakhapatnam.
- It organizing cancer screening initiatives, free medical camps, distribution of free amenities.
08th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here