08th May 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. World Red Cross Day was celebrated on 08th May.
2. India has signed an agreement with the World Bank for a $200 million loan for implementing the National Nutrition Mission across 315 districts of the country.
3. The two-day 19th edition of TOONZ Animation Masters Summit was held in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The summit was inaugurated by Ashish Kulkarni, Chairman of FICCI for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics Forum.
4. The third edition of the United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP) was inaugurated in New Delhi, to build and enhance the capacity of the African Troop Contributing Countries to the UN.
5.NITI Aayog and Google have come together to work on a range of initiatives to help build the AI ecosystem across the country.
6. The National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for the year 2018-19.
7. India has ranked fourth out of 25 nations in the Asia-Pacific region on an index, topped by the US.
8. India will host the 15th Asia Media Summit from May 10-12, with the theme, Telling Our Stories Asia and More’.
9. The bi-annual Naval Commanders Conference has begun in New Delhi.
10. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the official ‘NCBN’ (Nara Chandrababu Naidu) App. The mobile application will notify people in real-time with news updates and will also act as a direct platform for the common people to interact with the government.
11. The second phase of the Indian and Malaysian armies’ joint military exercise ‘Harimau Shakti’ was conducted in Hulu Langat forest of Malaysia.
12. The Armenian parliament has elected Nikol Pashinyan as the country’s new Prime Minister.
13. Google has appointed Nitin Bawankule as the country head for its cloud business in India.