1. The government has set up a group of secretaries to look into the e-commerce issues. The group will be chaired by the Secretary in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
2. India and France have signed an implementation agreement on “MOBILISE YOUR CITY” (MYC) in the presence of Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri and Alexander Ziegler, Ambassador of France in India.
3. Union Minister for HRD Prakash Javadekar Inaugurated the 4th World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2018) in New Delhi.
4. The Union Government has announced that the treatment of childhood cancer will be covered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
5. Ayushman Bharat call centre was formally inaugurated in Bengaluru by CEO of Ayushman Bharat Dr. Indu Bhushan.
6. Axis Bank appointed Amitabh Chaudhry as the Managing Director and Chief Economic Officer for a period of three years.
7. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan received Meryl Streep Award for Excellence at the first edition of Women In Film and Television (WIFT) India Award along with her daughter Aaradhya.
8. ICICI Bank Limited has unveiled a new service that allows MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise), an over draft facility of up to Rs.1 crore on the basis of their GST returns.
9. Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur vowed to bring down the malnutrition rate by at least 11 percent in the state by 2022.
10. Triple jumper Arpinder Singh Sunday created history by becoming the first Indian to win a medal in the IAAF Continental Cup as he clinched a bronze.
11. The 2018 US Open was the 138th edition of tennis’ US Open winners
Men’s Singles : Novak Djokovic
Women’s singles : Naomi Osaka
Men’s Doubles : Mike Bryan / Jack Sock
Women’s Doubles : Ashleigh Barty / CoCo Vandeweghe
Mixed Doubles : Bethanie Mattek-Sands / Jamie Murray
12. India Blue thrashed defending champion India Red by an innings and 187 runs to win the Duleep Trophy.