1. International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is celebrated on 09th August. This Year theme is “Indigenous peoples’ migration and movement”.
2. The Ministry of HRD has embarked on a major and new initiative Project called ‘Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)’, which will provide one integrated platform and portal for online courses,
3. The Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve (Sikkim) has been added to UNESCO’s list of World Network of Biosphere Reserve (WNBR). The Khangchendzonga reserve will be India’s 11th internationally designated WNBR.
4. Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Aviation Suresh Prabhu launched ‘Niryat Mitra’ mobile App, for Exporters and Importers of the country, in New Delhi. This app developed by Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO).
5. The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development of Federation of India (TRIFED), Ministry of Tribal Affairs, and the National Medicinal Plants Board, Ministry of Ayush have signed an MoU, to promote “medicinal forest produce for livelihood development of tribal people”.
6. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will transfer Rs.50,000 crore of its surplus money to the government, the highest since 2015-16, in a partial relief for the latter struggling to replenish public sector banks.
7. The BJP-led NDA’s candidate Harivansh Narayan Singh was elected new Rajya Sabha (RS) Deputy Chairman.
8. Colombia’s elected president, Ivan Duque has been sworn in as the country’s 60th president.
9.Avi Goel, an Indian American high school student, has won the world championship at the International Geography Bee’s junior varsity division, which was held in Berlin, Germany.
10. Haryana launched an online portal for the release of grant-in-aid to various government departments. Haryana has become the first state in the country to take such initiative.