For Women’s safety, the Karnataka Government has recently launched Pink Sarathi vehicles
- Well, the Karnata Government has taken a step forward and launched the Pink Sarathi Vehicles that are procured by the BMTC (Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation).
- The present scheme was announced by the Chief Minister of Karnataka that is H.D. Kumaraswamy.
- With the help of the Nirbhaya Scheme, BMTC has received Rs. 56.07 crores. The major intention of this scheme is to take up several measures for the safety of women passengers.
- The Karnataka Government has targeted the safety of female passengers. As well as it takes on various tasks like to manage the traffic movement at bus bays to make sure whether the driver stops at an exact destinate stop or not.
ICICI Bank dispatches the center for MSMEs in Bengaluru
- To improve the business solutions particularly to startups and the MSME sector, the ICICI Bank has launched the center in Bengaluru.
- ICICI Bank ahead with Retail Business Head South, Viral Rupani and ICICI Bank inaugurated the center.
- The services offered involves working capital loans up to Rs. 20 crore business loans. And the loans will be given up to Rs. 1 crore immediate overdraft facility of Rs. 15 lakhs
- The headquarters of ICIC Bank is located in Mumbai, India.
By the end of July 2019, Wipro Founder Azim Premji will retire as Executive Chairman
- Azim Premji will retire as executive chairman of Wipro of his current term on July 30, 2019.
- Azim Premji would continue to serve on the board as founder chairman and non-executive director.
- Azim Premji’s son, Rishad Premji, board member, as well as chief strategy officer, will take over as the executive chairman.
Mrutyunjay Mohapatra is selected as IMD Chief
- Cyclone warning specialist and Renowned scientist Mrutyunjay Mohapatra is selected as IMD Chief (India Meteorological Department)
- Mrutyunjay Mohapatra is popularly called a Cyclone man.
- In the month of August, he will take charge.
RBI scraped RTGS transaction charges, NEFT, and banks to pass on benefits
- The Reserve Bank of India has removed the transaction charges.
- RBI has assessed by it for NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) and RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement System) to boost up the digital transactions.
- The RTGS is meant for large-value instantaneous fund transfers while the NEFT systems used for fund transfer up to Rs.2 lakhs.
- At present, the State Bank of India (SBI) is charging between Rs.1 and Rs 5 for NEFT transactions and between Rs 5 and Rs 50 for RTGS.
09th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here