United Bank, HDFC Life sign bancassurance deal
- UBI is one of India’s premier Nationalized Banks.
- Union Bank of India deals with HDFC Life Insurance Company.
- Over 2,000 branches its presence in rural and semi-urban areas.
- Also, it is India’s largest non-bank promoted private life insurer.
- The customers will be able to take advantage of HDFC Life’s.
- To improve the overall business of both organizations the partnership promises.
- Life Insurance products will be a valuable addition.
- It will increase customer satisfaction.
Jal Amrutha scheme was started by the Karnataka Government
- Jala Amrutha will be major water conservation scheme.
- It focuses on drought-proofing measures.
- And it including protection and rejuvenation of water bodies.
- Rs 500 crore was sanctioned by the state government.
- In the next 2 years 14,000 waterbodies and building 12,000 check-dams.
- Karnataka government has announced 2019 as the Year of Water.
Cabinet approved for a new hydroelectric policy
- To boost the sector Union Cabinet approved a new hydroelectric policy.
- It including large hydro projects.
- The status of renewable energy projects.
- As renewable energy projects, the large hydro projects will also be designated.
- It is less than 25 MW in capacity.
- It included as a separate category.
At Gwalior Cabinet approved for the Centre for Disability Sports
- In Madhya Pradesh, Union Cabinet has approved the proposal.
- The estimated cost is Rs 170.99 crore.
- It spread over 5 years.
- Under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 it would be registered.
- It not exceeding 12 members.
Indore Bags Cleanest City Award For 3rd Straight Year
- Indore has bagged the cleanest city award.
- Under Swachh Survekshan, 2019 it is the 3rd straight year.
- In Delhi Ram Nath Kovind presented Swachh Survekhshan awards 2019.
- NDMC area got the cleanest small city award.
09th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here