1. World Post Day is celebrated on 9th October. This year theme is “Imagine you are a letter travelling through time. What message do you wish to convey to your readers?”.
2. Minister of State for Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution, C. R. Chaudhary, is leading the Indian delegation to the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)- EXIM Bank, Regional Conclave on India-West Africa Project Partnership being held in Abuja, Nigeria.
3. Pakistan successfully test-fired Ghauri ballistic missile which is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads up to a distance of 1,300 kilometers, bringing many Indian cities under its range
4. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel prize in Economic Sciences to William D. Nordhaus for integrating climate change into long-run macroeconomic analysis and Paul M. Romer for integrating technological innovations into long-run macroeconomic analysis.
5. Arunachal Pradesh Government launched the Chief Minister’s Sashakt Kisan Yojana and Chief Minister’s Krishi Samuh Yojana for farmers in Itanagar.
6. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecast a growth rate of 7.3 percent for India in the current year of 2018 and that of 7.4 percent in 2019.
7. The Centre in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds 2018-19. The Sovereign Gold Bonds will be issued every month from this month to February next year.
8. Google will be shutting down Google+ for consumers as part of a data privacy measure.
9. The National Housing Bank (NHB) has decided to increase the refinancing limit to eligible housing finance providers from the current Rs.24,000 crore to Rs.30,000 crore.
10. Thangjam Tababi Devi became India’s first judo medallist at the Olympic level, claiming a silver at the ongoing Youth Games.