10th & 11th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. The Ministry of Railways launched two mobile applications ‘Rail MADAD’ and ‘Menu on Rails’, to ease the travelling experience.
2. An agreement on first transfer of technology for lithium-ion batteries was signed between the government-run Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd.
3. India is the second highest sender of foreign students to the US with 1,86,000 Indian students currently studying in the United States, topped by China.
4. China has awarded its highest state honour, the Friendship Medal of the People’s Republic of China, to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
5. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed IndusInd Bank to incorporate a wholly-owned subsidiary for the amalgamation of micro-lender Bharat Financial Inclusion (BFIL) with the bank.
6.SVC Co-operative Bank has received the National Payments Excellence Award 2017 by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
7. Arvind Saxena has been appointed as the acting chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
8. Actor Mohanlal is tipped to lead the Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes.
9.The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) appointment S Ramesh as Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
10. Renowned British Pakistani author Kamila Shamsie’s book “Home Fire” has won the Women’s Prize for Fiction, 2018.
11. Former NIA chief Sharad Kumar was appointed vigilance commissioner in the probity watchdog CVC.
12. The 44th summit of the Group of Seven (G7) was kicked off in Quebec, Canada.
13. Bangladesh won their maiden Women’s Asia Cup T20 title at the Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur. (Runner : India)
14. India thrashed Kenya 2-0 to clinch the Intercontinental Cup at the Mumbai Football Arena.
15.French Open 2018
Men’s Singles : Rafael Nadal
Women’s Singles : Simona Halep
Men’s Doubles : Pierre-Hugues Herbert / Nicolas Mahut
Women’s Doubles : Barbora Krejcikova / Katerina Siniakova
Mixed Doubles: Latisha Chan / Ivan Dodig
16. Brazilian tennis great Maria Bueno has passed away.