1. World Biofuel day is observed on 10th August. The prime minister Narendra Modi launched Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window Hub (PARIVESH) on the occasion of World Biofuel Day.
2. NITI Aayog hosted an investors’ conference to attract investments for the development of eco-tourism on public-private partnership (PPP) basis in Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands in New Delhi.
3. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated ‘One District One Product’ summit organised by the Uttar Pradesh government to promote traditional industries in every district of the state.
4. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has selected Chile’s former President Michelle Bachelet to be the next UN human rights chief.
5. Ratan P Watal, Principal Adviser, NITI Aayog & Member Secretary of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, launched the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2018 in New Delhi. India’s rank on the GII has improved from 60 in 2017 to 57 in 2018.
6. Global digital payments major, PayPal has partnered with HDFC Bank to offer a safer, faster and more convenient payment experience for HDFC Bank card holders and help drive incremental digital spend.
7. HSBC has launched a new digital platform “MyDeal” to simplify capital raising process through capital markets by providing real-time access to information such as investors’ feedback, profiles, client orders and deal pricing.
8. Santhali has become the first Indian tribal language to get a Wikipedia edition in its own script.
9. Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra was named the Indian contingent’s flag-bearer for the Asian Games opening ceremony to be held in Jakarta.
10. Australian golfer Jarrod Lyle has passed away.
11. Kannada Writer Sumeethandra Nadig has passed away.