1. World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed on 10th November. This year theme is “Science, a Human Right”.
2. Unemployment rate in the country rose to 6.9 percent in October — the highest in two years — according to a report by Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
3. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the first India-built war memorial in northern France to pay tribute to thousands of Indian soldiers who fought selflessly and made supreme sacrifices during World War I.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first multi-modal terminal on the Ganga river in Varanasi on November 12 under a project aimed at promoting inland waterways as a cheaper and more environment-friendly means of transport.
5. Ashok Kumar Gupta has been appointed as the chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
6.P K Dash, Akhilesh Ranjan and Neena Kumar have been appointed as new members in the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
7. Indian journalist Swati Chaturvedi has won the Press Freedom Award for Courage.
8. Restoration of an aristocratic house from a state of partial ruin in Ladakh has won a UNESCO Asia-Pacific award for conservation.
9. Amitabh Bachchan inaugurated the 24th edition of Kolkata International Film Festival in Kolkata.
10. Indian pair of Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary have won Gold medal creating a world record in the 10 meter air pistol mixed team junior event at 11th Asian Airgun Championships in Kuwait.
11. Star Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia touched a new high in his career by achieving the number one rank in the world in the 65kg category.
12.The 2018 ATP World Tour Awards:
Comeback Player of the Year Award – Novak Djokovic
ATP Coach of the Year (voted by ATP coaches) – Djokovic’s coach Marian Vajda
Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award – Rafael Nadal
Fans’ Favourite (voted by fans) player – Roger Federer