1. World Mental Health Day is observed on 10th October. This Year theme is ‘Young People and Mental Health in a Changing World’.
2. The Indian Air Force (IAF) has launched a mobile health app ‘MedWatch’, to provide health information to the users, including first-aid and other health and nutritional topics.
3. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for Rs.1,224 crore highway projects in Uttar Pradesh.
4. The Union Minister Shri J.P. Nadda inaugurate the ‘2nd World Conference on Access to Medical Products: Achieving the SDGs 2030’ in New Delhi.
5. UNICEF and NASSCOM Foundation signed an agreement to strengthen child rights through “meaningful business interventions”.
6. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) will complete commissioning of its second generation (2G) ethanol bio-refinery at Baulsingha village in Bargarh district by 2020.
7. Goa International Film Festival will be held from 20th to 28th of November will have Jharkhand as a partner state.
8. Japan’s passport has been named the most powerful in the world (India 81st), according to the Henley Passport Index.
9. Nikki Haley has resigned as the US ambassador to the United Nations.
10. Manu Bhaker claimed India’s first ever gold medal in shooting at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires.
11. Early Modernist Malayalam poet M N Paloor has passed away.