Hindon to operate its first flight on 11 October
- Hindon airport is all set for the first commercial flight from 11 October.
- The first flight from Hindon Airport is operated by the Heritage Aviation company.
- The 9-seater will take off to Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh district from Hindon Civil Airport.
- The company has set the price for one seat in the aircraft at Rs.2,500.
Centre launched PM innovative learning programme DHRUV
- In ISRO the government launched the Pradhan Mantri innovative learning program DHRUV.
- The program was launched by the Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank on 10 October.
- Centre has selected 60 qualified students for the 14-day long program.
India and France agreed to deepen defense ties
- Defense minister Rajnath Singh visited France from 7th October to 8th October.
- He held discussions with the French Minister of Armed Forces Florence Parly.
- During his visit, he reviewed the full spectrum of bilateral defense engagement.
SBI reduces the savings interest rate by 25 bps
- SBI has reduced cut deposit and lending rates by 25 bps to 3.25% from 3.5%.
- This reduction aims to boost the adequate liquidity in banking.
- The reduction in deposit rates will help the bank to retain their net interest margins.
PayPal exits Facebooks Libra cryptocurrency
- Payment service provider PayPal dropped out of Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency.
- It has become the first company to exit the Libra Association.
- The reason cited was the project continues to face queries.
- It also said that it is to focus on advancing the existing mission.
10th October 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here