1. National Education Day is celebrated on 11th November to commemorate the birth anniversary of first Union Minister of Education Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
2. Tamil Nadu has received the nod from the market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to launch its State Shelter Fund for attracting investments in the affordable housing segment.
3. The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit began in Singapore. Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong is the Chairman of the Summit.
4. The world’s first known AI news anchor was created by Xinhua News Agency, the official state-run media outlet of China, and Sogou.com, a Chinese search engine company.
5. Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint-venture of PSUs under the Ministry of Power, Government of India, and the World Bank are organising the 3rd edition of the 3-day International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency (INSPIRE-2018) from 11th to 13th November in New Delhi.
6. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide a USD 13 million loan to EESL to promote efficient energy usage in India.
7. The two day annual meeting of World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Councils began in Dubai.
8. Bangalore tops the index for the most congested city, and Mumbai in the second position, while Pune follows in the seventh place, according to a recent research published under the US-based organization, National Bureau of economic research (NBER).
9. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cancelled the certificate of registrations of 31 Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs). The RBI cancelled the registration in the exercise of powers conferred on it under Section 45-IA (6) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
10. Kochi Corporation and Vilnius, the capital city of Lithuania, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The primary focus of the cooperation would be urban planning, corporate planning, transport, solid water management and water management.
11. Peter Dhillon, who is the country’s biggest cranberry grower, has inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame.
12. The Union Law ministry has notified appointment of four chief justices for the high courts of Allahabad, Madhya Pradesh, Patna and Tripura.
Allahabad High court – Justice Govind Mathur
Madhya Pradesh High Court – Justice SK Seth
Patna High Court – Justice A P Sahi
Tripura High Court – Justice Sanjay Karol
13. Ananth Kumar, Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister and Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers, has passed away.
14. Veteran Marathi actress Lalan Sarang has passed away.