Karnataka Sought Rs.2,064 Crore for Drought Relief
- H D Kumaraswamy sought early release of Rs.2,064.30 crore.
- In the ongoing rabi season, they provide relief to drought-hit farmers.
- Karnataka reeled under severe drought.
- For the year of 2018-2019 during Kharif (summer) and rabi (winter) seasons.
- For the ongoing rabi season Rs.2,064.30 crore drought relief fund.
- It has declared drought in 156 out of 176 talukas.
- The state has released Rs.386 crore from SDRF.
Pulse Polio Programme Launched in Nagaland
- Nagaland Health and Family Welfare Department started the 1st round of ‘Intensive Pulse Polio Immunization’ programme.
- The first two polio drops to an infant at Naga Hospital.
- Kohima marking the launch of the three-day programme.
India launched its 3rd IT corridor in China
- With China’s Xuzhou city NASSCOM entered into a partnership.
- To help develop the IT corridor in China.
- This is India’s third IT corridor in China.
- Between Indian and Chinese companies the corridor will facilitate partnerships.
- It enables Indian software and service industry associations.
- The earlier two corridors started at Dalian and Guiyang cities.
- 10 Indian SME companies over 300 companies where more.
Bisht won gold at the 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament, Finland
- At the 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament in Helsinki, Finland Kavinder Singh Bisht in the 56kg-category struck gold.
- Bisht defeated Commonwealth Games bronze-medallist Hussamuddin.
- In the 56kg summit clash.
- Three-time Asian medallist Govind Sahani, Shiva Thapa, Commonwealth Games.
SBI to Link the Interest Rate to RBIs Repo Rate
- SBI is to link the interest rate.
- To RBI it offers on savings account deposits.
- SBI has become the first domestic bank to do such linking.
- It is an external benchmark either directly or indirectly.
- In the benchmark monetary policy rate to depositors.
11th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here