1. International Day of the Girl is observed on 11th October.This year theme is ‘With Her: A Skilled GirlForce’.
2. The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Lebanon for cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
3. IIT-Madras will collaborate with Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency (TNeGA) to enhance data-driven governance.
4. The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with Finland to facilitate closer and long-term cooperation in the field of environment protection and management of natural resources.
5. Additional Solicitor General Tushar Mehta was appointed the new Solicitor General of India.
6. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will be participating in the 17th Council of Heads of Government, CHG, meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization to be held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
7. PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry Mahesh Y Reddy has taken over as its Secretary General with immediate effect.
8. Veena Sendre from Chhattisgarh has been chosen as India’s first ‘Miss Trans Queen’.
9. Indus Towers, world’s largest telecom tower company (outside China), won the Deming Prize for 2018.
10. India ranked 147th in the Oxfam world inequality index, according to the Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index.
11. Saurabh Chaudhary won gold in the 10m air pistol at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires.
12. AirAsia India Ltd on Wednesday appointed Sunil Bhaskaran, vice president (corporate services) at Tata Steel Ltd, as its new managing director and chief executive officer.
13. Senegal will host the fourth summer youth Olympic games in 2022, the first to take place on the African continent.
14. The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) is set to lalunch a Roll on-Roll off (Ro-Ro) service in Assam from Neamati to Manjuli island.